Embrace the Yield & the Turn


by Tiera S. Richardson

 

 

It would be selfish of me to acknowledge the glory without paying homage to my story. 

 

I can’t believe it’s been 2 years and 7 months since I suffered a bilateral cerebellum stroke. Brain surgery and learning to walk/talk again was only half of the battle. This unforeseen catastrophic event still follows me daily; however, I have a husband and 3-year-old son to live for. To be honest, there’s approximately 15 million stroke survivors worldwide who needs me annually. I chose to not let this invisible disability define me. Even with all of the doctor’s appointments, migraines, body aches, anxiety and unseen struggle I’ve pressed forward. Pressed forward out of faith because I chose to believe that I could and would experience brighter days. Life and being an Air Force veteran taught me how to be resilient.

Questions?

1.   Have you been redirected due to a life altering event? 

2.   Do you feel alone during this season? 

This pivot and isolated ride were ONLY for YOU to experience and understand. There is always isolation before elevation. God told me to tell you that you aren’t alone. Let’s navigate this thing together!

 

I started 2020 with such optimism all while seeking clarity of what the next chapter of my life should look like, my ultimate mission, and what that would require of me. Nerves have been on edge because I now have physical limitations, some cognitive challenges and those darn TBI invisible brain issues. Yet, I've used all of that to propel me. Some one once told me that if your next move doesn't scare you then it ain't BIG enough. 

So here comes more infamous questions we ask God.

1.   What am I ultimately called to Do? 

2.   Who am I called to be? Key words, Who Am I?

 

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope.

 

Then those things we tell God!

·      I want to serve your people. 

·      I want to impact nations. 

·      I want to be in your will!

 

As I step into the last days of 2020 I step within his will. I am both overwhelmed and overjoyed to be appointed by Jehovah-Jireh.  I stand here with a clear vision despite the paint that has been thrown to ruin my canvas. I’ve realized that life is abstract. I happily exhale even though there’s been unforeseen events that were sent to take both my breathe and life away. The enemy didn’t know my source!

God told me to yield but not stop. I learned that to yield allowed me to continue in movement, but perhaps take a new turn. That pivot was a change of direction. All my life I was on the road of service, but it was time for me to serve in a Greater capacity. It’s December and I’ve arrived at the corner of Self- Awareness, Self-Love and the invitation to become whole. 

 

Today I am so grateful and proud of myself. Being recognized by LA Wire as one of the top 40 Influential women in their November 2020 issue was astounding and humbling. My greatest accomplishment of 2020 is being the visionary of a 2 year old idea and now Founder of the nonprofit, Strokes 2 Life Initiative, Inc. My mission is to educate and equip my fellow stroke survivors to thrive amid the severe economic, mental and social consequences of post stroke. This is a global problem. I commit to participate and invest in a global solution.

 

Stay tune for my next Blog in January 2021. OMG, I can’t believe it’s 2021!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Purify Your Air , Purify your Mind, Purify Your Life: Peach Lily